Recent Storm Damage Posts
Don't let something little turn into something huge!
Don't Wait to Fix a Small Leak!
Winter storms can seem never-ending when they are still occurring in March! If you have been holding your breath all winter thinking maybe the roof will last, or you’ll be lucky that the wall without proper insulation doesn’t end up with a broken pipe, or that the small leak in the hot water heater won’t turn into the bottom falling out, you have been living on borrowed time. Don’t gamble with your safety or the possibility of large-scale destruction happening to your home. Take immediate action before a small fix, turns into a huge fix! Not only are hug fixes more disruptive and damaging, they are more time consumer and expensive as well. So before something small turns into a big nightmare, Call SERVPRO of Fair Oaks-Centreville-Chantilly today on (703) 830-5800 and we’ll be happy to help you out.
Hurricane, Tropical Storm, Tornado.......Nobody's Friend
Whether you live on the coast and are worried about Hurricanes and Tropical Storms, or you reside in the heartland and are concerned about the next Tornado, SERVPRO professionals are there to help you in your hour of need.
Storms such as these can cause water damage, structural damage from falling power lines, trees, and flying objects. If not quickly resolved, such damage can create mold and mildew issues. The cleanup and remediation can be daunting and overwhelming. What to do first, what products to use, and how to go about tackling a huge job is more than many people are able to handle following the devastation of a storm.
Being prepared to withstand such weather surges is half the battle, but when cleanup is needed, call in the professionals. SERVPRO can immediately address your needs. Our quick response can help mitigate your level of damage.
What is "Storm Surge" and Why Should I be Concerned?
Hurricane categories (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) are predicated on wind speed. If a hurricane is at category 1 or 2, the threat may appear to be minimal but in reality, if predicted Storm Surge is considerable, the devastation can equate to that of a category 5 hurricane.
Storm Surge builds before a hurricane makes landfall. Storm Surge is basically when ocean water is pushed toward the shore because of gale-force winds. This rise in water level, coupled with high tides and already high waves, can create sheets of water from 10 to 30 feet high. Such flooding can cost lives and untold damage to both land and structures.
So don't ignore the information pertaining to Storm Surge. Close up your home or business and get to higher, safer, ground. Should the unfortunate occur and you sustain storm damage, call your local SERVPRO professional for immediate remediation assistance.
Florence is on her way!
Be prepared for Hurricane Florence and any storm to follow. With tropical-force winds well over 100 miles an hour, coupled with pounding rain, damage is likely to occur.
What should you do:
1) If weather/government officials instruct evacuation, follow the instructions. No property, no matter how sentimental, is worth loosing your life or being severely hurt.
2) Buckle-up your home to the best of your ability. Make sure all doors and windows are sealed. Placing plywood over window frames is often suggested to prevent the windows and glass doors from breaking and to prevent the spraying of glass should they break. Turn off all appliances, shut off your hot water heater, and turn off the water supply to the structure.
3) Furnishings should be elevated if possible on bricks, cinder blocks, or whatever raised platform you can safely fashion. If room and time, take your most valuable and cherished possessions with you when evacuating. Jewelry, pictures, artwork, heirlooms, etc. However, if the storm is imminent and you need to leave immediately, do not stop to take "things". Get clothes, bottled water, and non-perishable food and get to higher and dryer ground.
4) Do not return to your home until the authorities have given the ok to return.
5) Should storm damage have occurred, call your SERVPRO professionals for immediate assistance.
Winter Storms Subsiding in Australia......
We're Ready to Hop on Over and Help You Out!
Well, I guess if you lived in Australia, and your winter was coming to a close, you'd be happy that the winter storms and damaging weather was coming to an end! But, since we're here in the United States, and summer is ending and winter is around the corner, we all need to be prepared. Don't wait until the bad weather hits and it's so cold you don't want to even open the front door.
SERVPRO professionals are ready and able today, to check your foundations for cracks or shifting in walls, leaks in the roof, loose gutters, drafty windows, leaky toilets and drains. A precautionary seasonal check can save time, effort, and money, when a potentional problem is fixed before it becomes overwhelming.
Batten Down the Hatches!
DON'T LET A STORM CATCH YOU BY SURPRISE
Its summer storm season and necessary precautions can save lives and property. Check your home to ensure all window, siding, gutters, downspouts, decking, shutters and doors are properly installed and secure. Put away or secure all umbrellas and outdoor furniture. In addition, walk around your property to ensure all trees and vegetation is healthy and well rooted. Dead and shallow root trees easily topple during heavy wind storms. Having a dead or compromised tree removed is far easier than dealing with the aftermath of it falling through your home.
Should Mother Nature prevail and you do in fact experience storm related damage, SERVPRO of Fair Oaks-Centreville-Chantilly is only a phone call or email away. We can be contacted 24/7 on: (703) 830-5800 or via email at: email@example.com.
For Immediate Service in Fair Oaks-Centreville-Chantilly, Call SERVPRO
We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Fair Oaks-Centreville-Chantilly provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster and storm in Fair Oaks-Centreville-Chantilly. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 703-830-5800
Whether your Fairfax County home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Northern Virginia commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration