If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (703) 830-5800

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Moldy Closet Needs Attention

This basement closet in a Fairfax home was stacked with contents and the homeowner did not notice that there was a moisture problem from a slow leak until they smelled something musty. Upon closer look, they emptied the closet and found an abundance of black mold. The mold was from a slow leak from a non-pressurized pipe, meaning it was a drain pipe. Therefore the water was already rich with nutrients and bacteria to help the mold grow. All of the contents in the closet provided lack of airflow so the moisture and lack of light could really germinate microbial growth. The team at SERVPRO FairOaks-Centreville-Chantilly had to take out all of the affected drywall and then clean and dry the structure underneath before rebuilding. If you find mold issues in your home that you do not think you can handle, call the pros at SERVPRO of FairOaks-Centreville-Chantilly at 703-830-5800.